- Wikipedia: Genie (Feral Child)
- Find out more about Genie, the girl who had limited contact with humans until she was rescued at the age of thirteen.
- Adoption.Com: Feral children
- More information on feral children.
- Personality Test
- Above is a link to take an online personality test. While sociologists recognize that individuals have a core personality or self, many also point out that our attitudes and opinions change throughout our lives as we continue to transition from one stage to another. Once you graduate from college, for instance, you may retake this test and have somewhat different results. Many of the traits that I exhibited several years ago are not the same today. This is most likely due to the fact that socialization is an ongoing process. We are constantly changing as our roles in society change. Also, other factors such as race, class and gender can determine what personality type we have. While this is not always the case, men usually score higher on the thinking and judging categories while women score higher on the feeling and intuitive categories. This may have a lot to do with gender socialization. After you take the test, click on the link to the descriptions of the personality type you have been described as. What social factors might contribute to your personality type? Have you taken the test before and had a different score?